Wednesday 31 March 2010

Podcasts and videos

Find some podcasts we were told, so I thought I'd try out University of Oxford on iTunes U for a listen to one of the many oxford lectures which have been made freely available. Apparently it's been a worldwide hit and has just passed its 2 millionth download. What a marvellous way to share this august institution's intellectual output with the wider world.
As we don't have iTunesU installed on our pcs I'm consulting the FAQs and see an alternative channel is via http://podcasts.ox.ac.uk/
Top of the pops there is A short romp through the history of philosophy by Marianne Talbot, which is playing on my pc via Windows Media Player on as I write. It's going in one ear and out the other so it's good to know you can rewind and replay!

YouTube I'm not a big user of but am happy to have a quick search for something sheep related. Here we have 17 seconds of Shaun the Sheep & flock doing Riverdance, which is cracking me up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DFwb3zlDk

What an absolute marvel that all this podcast and video stuff is just, like, out there. Yet amazingly my search on YouTube for sheep library retrieves only one hit, er, "Two guys run through a college library during finals weeks dressed as a cow and sheep".

No comments:

Post a Comment